The mission of UCI CARE is to provide free and confidential support services to members of the UCI community who have been impacted by sexual assault, relationship abuse, family violence and/or stalking. Programs and services are available to people of all identities and regardless of status. UCI CARE aims to end these forms of power-based personal violence by engaging the campus community in education, programming and transformative action.
The funding priorities for Giving Day 2021 include CARE’s healing/support services and program support.
Trauma impacts individuals in a variety of ways and is unique to the person. People also heal differently and it’s often a combination of modalities that facilitate healing for someone. CARE’s holistic healing programming seeks to support members of the UCI community by providing multiple pathways to healing and creating safe, restorative spaces for individuals to begin or continue their healing journey. CARE’s holistic healing programs include trauma-informed yoga, meditation, grounding exercise workshops, drum circles, a healing library (digital and physical) and healing playlists and access to downloadable resources. Additional funds will enable CARE to sustain these programs and expand the type and variety of healing options available to survivors in the UCI community.
In addition to healing programs, your donation to the Student Services Fund for UCI CARE initiatives supports members of the UCI community impacted by sexual and relationship violence via financial assistance for needs and concerns that are a direct result of power-based personal violence. Gifts like yours are valuable because they are unrestricted. This means CARE can assist with pressing and urgent concerns and that wasn’t possible prior to the creation of this fund.
"I liked learning different ways and ideas for protecting myself. The presentation was really impactful - it is okay to look and ask for help." (re:Assert: Personal Safety & Self-Defense Workshop participant)
"I learned how to cope with my emotions and re-center my thoughts." (Grounding Box Workshop Participant)
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- $20 will help cover the cost of one co-pay for a counseling or other wellness appointment.
- $50 can support a gift card at Target, grocery store, or Amazon for emergency clothing, household items or food for survivors.
- $100 purchases an emergency hotel voucher for one night to ensure the immediate safety of a survivor impacted by relationship abuse, family violence, sexual assault and/or stalking.
- $250 sponsors one student annually to participate in CARE’s peer education programming (covers cost of program materials, retreat, weekly trainings and peer to peer outreach/training initiatives)
- $500 covers costs associated with programming, training and educational events including personal safety and self defense, Green Dot Bystander Intervention training and holistic healing workshops.
- $1000 dollars will help with relocation costs or move-in expenses due to safety concerns related to relationship abuse, family violence, sexual assault and/or stalking.
Your donation of any amount will directly support the mission and work of the CARE office and allow us to continue providing innovative, critical and lifesaving services to the campus community and survivors of power-based personal violence. Below you can learn more about some of the ways CARE supports survivors and read examples of how your donation will be used to help.
Together, we can ensure that UCI’s students, staff and faculty have the resources and support that they need to create safe spaces and thrive.
CARE believes that every member of the UCI community has the right to live, learn, work and socialize in safety. However, surveys consistently report that the highest rates of sexual violence and relationship abuse occur at the highest rates in college and university settings, with certain communities being especially at risk, including communities of color, undocumented students, members of the LGBT community and individuals with disabilities.
Want to learn more about UCI CARE? Visit our website: https://care.uci.edu/