Support the Men’s Basketball program on UCI Giving Day!
Thank you in advance for your continued support of the Men’s Basketball program. We continually strive to compete for and win championships. Your generous financial support helps make a huge impact on the success of our program. We recruit amazing student-athletes who are both great basketball players and people and we are just so appreciative of your involvement in our annual Giving Day.
Men's Basketball History of Success
- 2023 Big West Regular Season Champions
- In a ten-year span, UC Irvine has won eight Big West championships
- Two Big West Tournament Championship titles (2015, 2019)
- UCI made its second NCAA Tournament appearance and won its first NCAA Tournament game in 2018-19
- UCI has made seven postseason appearances under the helm of Russell Turner, advancing to the NIT in 2023
- Coach Turner is the winningest coach in UCI history and fourth most in the Big West (265 wins)
- In 2022-23, UCI has earned its 13th 20-win season in program history, eighth under Turner
- The Anteaters have 10th-straight winning seasons
- DJ Davis was named to the All-Big West First Team, while Dawson Baker earned All-Big West
- Second Team and All-Tournament Team recognition, and Pierre Crockrell II landed a spot on the honorable mention squad
- The 'Eaters defeated No. 21 Oregon, 69-56, on Friday Nov. 11, 2022, the first ranked win for the program since defeating Kansas State in the first round of the 2019 NCAA March Madness tournament. UCI received votes in the Nov. 14 Associated Press Top 25 poll as well as being named the National Team of the Week by reporter Andy Katz and NCAA March Madness after knocking off the Ducks
- Last fall, UCI was crowned the champions of the Las Vegas Holiday Classic Invite after defeating both Nicholls State and New Mexico State by double-digits. Crockrell II was named to the All-Tournament team and Davis was named the MVP
- UCI retired Scott Brooks jersey #12 in 2020 to honor the legendary player and NBA coach
- Nine All-Americans
Together we Zot!