Underground music & talk since 1969
KUCI, one of the oldest, continuously-broadcasting radio stations in Orange County, began broadcasting from the campus of the University of California, Irvine in 1969. KUCI's origin story had students airing music and news from the dorms, then as a fully-licensed, FCC-regulated FM broadcast station. For nearly 53 years it has flourished and expanded to become a local institution to the UCI campus community, its loyal audience and to our surrounding communities.
For over five decades, the station has been powered up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With its limited resources and its 125 devoted volunteers, KUCI creates and airs only all-original programming.
- a place where you can hear a greater range and diversity of music than on any other station in California.
- an intimate setting for guest artists performing live, in any genre, from punk to classical.
- a broadcaster of public affairs including politics, science, culture, sports, business, technology, and many other topics.
- the home of live broadcasts of Anteater Baseball and Men's and Women's Basketball.
- a place of learning and memory making for students of media and communications.
- a launch pad for thousands of young people and members of the Orange County community yearning to express themselves and share their passions.
- a studio for interviews with national and international radio networks.
Visit our website (http://kuci.org/), see our weekly schedule (https://kuci.org/wp/show-schedule/) or listen to us live (88.9FM) or streaming on the web on our website (http://kuci.org/).
Giving Day is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to KUCI and invest in its future as a great local institution. Your gift of any amount will help! With your support, we can:
- Buy a backup transmitter
- Replace studio doors with recording studio quality doors for better sound isolation
- Replace aging studio chairs and cabinetry