Your donations to the UCI Emeriti Association (UCIEA) enhance our advocacy for our emeriti/ae benefits and allow us to provide quality programming as well as funding to sponsor graduate student dissertation awards.
With your help we have successfully advocated for complimentary campus parking for UCIEA members and the creation of a Faculty Retirement Liaison Position. This Giving Day, we are especially soliciting your help to augment funding for our graduate student dissertation awards.
Background: As a volunteer-led organization, we promote and protect the interests of our emeriti/ae and of those faculty who are considering retirement through the following activities:
- serving as advocates through interactions with campus leadership and our representation on the Academic Senate Council on Faculty Welfare
- working to increase the engagement of emeriti/ae with departments, schools and the campus community, including periodic meetings with every School Dean
- promoting the interests of UCI emeriti/ae on both UCI campus and UC system-wide committees regarding retiree health insurance and important UC retirement benefits
- recognizing UCI emeriti/ae’s accomplishments by nominating for campus and UC awards
- promoting lectures of special interest to all retirees. View our website https://sites.uci.edu/emeriti/
- collaborating with the UCI Center for Emeriti and Retirees (CER) to provide enjoyable activities on campus and in the community
2022-2023 Graduate Dissertation Fellowship Awardees
Each year, the UCIEA presents two graduate students with dissertation fellowship awards:
Linda E. Sanchez
Anthropology program, School of Social Sciences
Neurobiology and Behavior program, School of Biological Sciences