GIVE ME WINGS TO REACH MY DREAMS!
Help the UCI Study Abroad Center reach its goal of raising $10,000 to provide “wings” to 10 first-generation college students and/or low-income UCI students, each with a $1,000 study abroad scholarship for international round-trip airfare!
Studying abroad can feel like an impossible dream particularly for first-generation college students and low-income students. Limited finances are often the primary barrier that discourages students from pursuing their dreams of studying abroad. The Consortium for Analysis of Student Success through International Education (CASSIE) found that those who studied abroad were 6.2% more likely to graduate in 4 years and had an average GPA 0.16 point higher than those who did not study abroad.
Aligning itself with UCI’s point-of-pride as the “the #1 University doing the most for the American Dream”, the UCI Study Abroad Center is committed to making studying abroad expected and achievable for all students. Join and support this tremendous campaign, to help provide “wings” to our first-generation college students and/or low-income students “ZOT” abroad!
Here are some examples of how your donation will provide access to study abroad programs while making a positive impact on a student’s experience:
- $25 = Allows a student to attend a cultural event while abroad
- $75 = Provides a one-month transit pass while studying abroad
- $165 = Pays the processing fee for a U.S. passport
- $300 = Pays for textbooks & academic materials abroad
- $450 = Covers meals for one month abroad
- $500 = Covers a one-way flight to their study abroad destination
- $1,000 = Covers round-trip airfare to study abroad destination
- $1,500 = Replaces student work-study income they don’t receive while abroad
Note: These costs are general estimates and will vary by program, destination, duration, etc.
Education abroad experiences provide a wide variety of personal, professional, and academic benefits for students, including:
- Gaining a global perspective in their field of study.
- Making lifelong friendships and building a global network.
- Experiencing another culture first-hand.
- Achieving greater independence and self-confidence.
- Developing problem-solving & multicultural communication skills.
- Increasing employability and expanding knowledge of possible career paths.
“Dreams don’t work unless you take action” - Roy T. Bennet
Please consider supporting the UCI Study Abroad Center reach its goal of $10,000 to provide “wings” to 10 first-generation college students and/or low-income UCI students, each with a $1,000 study abroad scholarship for international round-trip airfare!
Want to learn more about the Study Abroad Center? Check out our website and social media!
Passionate about study abroad opportunities and interested in making a impactful investment with the Study Abroad Center? Please contact the Study Abroad Center Director, Jeanne d’Arc Gomis (email@example.com).