Help Us Find a Cure for Hearing Loss and Related Issues
Help us meet the challenge to advance Dr. Djalilian's vital work! A German entrepreneur and grateful patient is issuing two challenge gifts this Giving Day! The first 10 gifts received will unlock $125,000 in support of Dr. Djalilian’s Hearing and Balance Research. When we reach 20 gifts, an additional $125,000 will be unlocked!
Under the leadership of Dr. Hamid Djalilian, professor of otolaryngology and biomedical engineering at UC Irvine, a research team is leading the way to find a cure for hearing loss, balance issues, migraines, vertigo and facial paralysis.
A gift of any amount accelerates Djalilian's work to patent new devices and technologies, and to bring to market novel medications and treatments which will end the suffering of millions with hearing loss and imbalance issues.
Your gift today will directly support the following:
- An electrical stimulation device, the only one in the world showing promise for treating tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- A novel hearing aid that directly vibrates the ear drum, providing a much higher quality sound than conventional hearing aids.
- A new device that creates facial symmetry for patients suffering from facial paralysis.
- A novel combination medication to treat patients with recurrent vertigo caused by migraines or Meniere’s disease.
- A novel device for painless diagnosis of ear infections.
- Two novel drug combinations to treat tinnitus.
- A new molecular treatment for age related and noise induced hearing loss.
With your partnership on Giving Day, we can continue to make tremendous strides and inspire hope for new life-changing treatments, clinical breakthroughs and cures.
Thank you for your generosity and for being a hero to people across the globe who suffer from hearing loss, facial paralysis and balance issues.
With the support from last year’s Giving Day campaign, we received 25 gifts, which were instrumental in advancing hearing treatments, as well as developing new technologies for hearing loss, migraine, ringing in the ears and balance. These gifts also supported innovative research that is first in the world and shows tremendous promise to cure these issues. Please join us again this year to accelerate our efforts to transform hearing and balance technologies and treatments, which will impact the lives of millions.
Please contact Joy Kliewer, PhD, senior director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-486-9265 to learn more about Djalilian’s research and opportunities to support.