Help the UCI Study Abroad Center reach its goal of raising $5,000 to provide
10 UCI students with a $500 study abroad scholarship!
Over 350 UCI students are studying abroad this academic year despite the challenges and obstacles caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Study Abroad Center is excited to see student interest and application numbers returning to 2019 rates.
With over 75% of UCI students being offered some form of financial aid, program fees and travel costs represent a significant barrier for many students. The Study Abroad Center received over 125 scholarship applications for next year, but we need your help to be able to provide more financial support to our Anteaters!
Here are some examples of how your donation can provide access to study abroad & make a positive impact on a student’s experience:
- $25 = Allows a student to attend a cultural event while abroad
- $75 = Provides a one-month transit pass while studying abroad
- $165 = Pays the processing fee for a U.S. passport
- $300 = Pays for textbooks & academic materials abroad
- $450 = Covers meals for one month abroad
- $500 = Covers a one-way flight to their study abroad destination
- $1,000 = Covers round-trip airfare to study abroad destination
- $1,500 = Replaces student work-study income they don’t receive while abroad
Note: These costs are general estimates and will vary by program, destination, duration, etc.
Education abroad experiences provide a wide variety of personal, professional and academic benefits for students including:
- Gaining a global perspective in their field of study
- Making lifelong friendships and building a global network
- Gaining greater independence and self-confidence
- Developing problem-solving & multicultural communication skills
- Increasing employability and expanding knowledge of possible career paths
Every gift helps! Please consider supporting the UCI Study Abroad Center reach its goal of raising $5,000 to provide 10 UCI students with a $500 study abroad scholarship.
Want to learn more about Study Abroad Center? Check out our website and social media!
Interested in giving a larger or regular donation? Please contact the Study Abroad Center Director, Jeanne d’Arc Gomis (firstname.lastname@example.org).