Support the UCI Health Regional Burn Center Patient and Survivor Programs
If you missed the opportunity to participate in Giving Day, it’s not too late to donate! You may make a gift anytime using our general online giving form: https://secure.give.uci.edu/?s=regional+burn+center+programming
In honor of Giving Day, burn survivor Craig Robitaille is offering a matching gift for UCI’s Regional Burn Center. Craig, who has named the Burn Center in his estate plans, will be matching all gifts received this Giving Day, up to $10,000. Double the impact of your gift today!
Under the leadership of Dr. Victor Joe, the UCI Health Regional Burn Center is the only burn center in Orange County – and one of approximately 70 in the nation — verified by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association.
Each year, our team treats more than 600 patients – one third of them children — for all kinds of burns, from mild to severe and life-threatening. We provide comprehensive and holistic care of our patients at the most critical time of their lives, while supporting essential aftercare, and community reintegration for burn survivors and their loved ones.
All donations benefit the essential, life-saving care and programs only available through UCI Health, including the following vital services.
- Monthly burn survivor support groups.
- Pediatric burn survivors attending specialized camps that provide emotional and social skills necessary for thriving after a burn injury.
- Survivors Offering Assistance in Recovery (SOAR) program, linking the newly injured with peer supporters.
- Burn survivors holiday party and summer picnic.
- Scholarships for burn survivors to attend the annual World Burn Congress, where burn survivors from around the country gather for emotional healing.
- Educational resources for fire service personnel, paramedics, and physicians and nurses, including specialized education in burn care, and annual Advanced Burn Life Support courses for emergency medical personnel and other local health care professionals.
Help us to continue to offer these life-saving programs and services for burn patients, survivors and families. Your gift of any size truly makes a difference and will be doubled thanks to Craig Robitaille’s generous matching gift!
Please contact Joy Kliewer, PhD, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-486-9265 to learn more about the Burn Center and opportunities to support.