Underground music & talk since 1969
KUCI, one of the oldest, continuously-broadcasting radio stations in Orange County, began broadcasting from the campus of the University of California, Irvine in 1969. KUCI's origin story had students airing music and news from the dorms, then as a fully-licensed, FCC-regulated FM broadcast station. For 52 years it has flourished and expanded to become a local institution to its loyal audience and to the local communities.
For the past five decades, the station has been powered up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With its limited resources and its 125 devoted volunteers, KUCI creates and airs only all-original programming.
- a place where you can hear a greater range and diversity of music than on any other station in California.
- an intimate setting for guest artists performing live, in any genre, from punk to classical.
- a broadcaster of public affairs including politics, science, culture, sports, business, technology, and many other topics.
- the home of live broadcasts of Anteater Baseball and Men's and Women's Basketball.
- a place of learning and memory making for students of media and communications.
- a launch pad for thousands of young people and members of the Orange County community yearning to express themselves and share their passions.
- a studio for interviews with national and international radio networks.
Visit our website, see our weekly schedule or listen to us live (88.9FM) or stream on the web.
Giving Day is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to KUCI and invest in its future as a great local institution. Your gift of any amount will help! With your support, we can:
- Improve the sound quality of our shows and move out and about in the local community to make more spontaneous programming
- Install remote equipment to broadcast campus performances and lectures, and other events
- Digitize our library
- Revamp our facilities – to enable us to better deliver first-class programming that showcases the talent of our visiting bands, guests and celebrities.